Thursday, May 12, 2011

Print + Paper

I've spent the past week sleeping as apparently we have hit a new fun stage of pregnancy - early labor! We went to the doctor first thing Monday morning as I'd been having contractions all day Sunday and through the night. Turned out I'd made more progress, and these contractions meant we were gearing up for the main event. My doctor said the contractions could continue to get closer together and she could come that night, or in a couple of days, or in a week or two - we have no way of knowing really. I haven't been just terribly uncomfortable most of the time, but clearly my body is using a lot of energy with the contractions as I've been pretty drowsy all week - sad considering all I've been doing is laying in bed.

Monday's fire drill put us on high alert; we are now eagerly anticipating her arrival at any moment. And so we continue to wait.

I tried posting this update earlier in the week, and Blogger went down and I lost my post! Grr. Since my days are filled with little more than Oprah, snoozing, and shows I shouldn't be watching about scary hospital deliveries, I thought it might be fun to post some of the design work I've been doing. Designing invitations, stationery, etc. has been just a fun little side gig for the past couple of years, but I've really enjoyed it as a creative outlet. Here's a few highlights from the past couple of months:

Picture 161
Picture 156
Baby shower invite for my sweet friend Beth (who also was a hostess at my shower the previous weekend; she's been a busy bee!). These hummingbirds are the main event on the textiles I designed for our nursery, which will be highlighted here in just a few days. The honoree's nursery had a modern, Jonathan Adler aesthetic with decidedly un-babylike colors, and since she was also doing a bird theme, I just repurposed my birds for the invitation.

Picture 157
My baby stationery, which matches our nursery colors: I've been in a pretty modern place design-wise generally these days, but for whatever reason (maybe it's her sweet name!) I haven't been able to resist going vintage/classic with a lot of the elements for this baby.

Picture 154
Picture 153
Stationery for my good friend Mary Jacob - she wanted two styles to choose from and ended up deciding to go with both. Good choice, MJ. A girl can never have too much stationery!

Picture 159
Picture 158
Save the Dates for I Live Here, I Give Here's the BIG Give: I designed the logo/invitations, signage and collateral for the event last year, and they decided to keep the logo for this year's event, with a few modifications to color & style. The event this year is at the new W Hotel, so we kept it clean, simple and modern, to echo the sleek interiors.

Picture 150
Picture 149
Baby stationery for sweet Harrison and Avery:
because even little ones need to write their thank yous! I did this sort of backwards; I started with some generic silhouettes for these and tweaked them to their likenesses. Funnily enough, when I did Avery's she didn't really have any curls yet, but by the time we had them printed up for her birthday, she did! Our baby may get some similar stationery eventually...I had lots of fun working on these.

Hope everyone had a great week. We officially hit term tomorrow, hallelujah! We can't wait to meet this little lady, who has already been keeping us on our toes. Nicholas says she's just like her mama - says she is ready to go and then takes another 15 minutes to get out the door! Sadly, I readily admit this is a pretty accurate statement. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...