Monday, May 16, 2011

Nursery art

Tagging onto my previous post about my little design side business, I thought I'd share some nursery art I've been working on:

Picture 160

I designed this poster pretty early on for the baby's room. Even though she's a girl (and thus most things aren't going to have much of her Daddy's stamp on them), I wanted to design something that would have a piece of us both in there. Nicholas is a huge Beatles fan, and has been since he was very young, so I thought this worked well to incorporate a little bit of him into our baby's room. The "sun" is a take on one of the nursery patterns I designed (also found in the blog header), and I wanted it to have a bit of a mid-century feel since it pays homage to the fab four.

Picture 152

This is a piece I designed for my friend Dottie in Amarillo; we are due the same week and we've had so much fun sharing our pregnancies via text and gchat - from our crazy early symptoms to nursery design, carseats and strollers, to all the highly unglamorous details that come with the territory of being 9 months pregnant. Dottie loves to paint, so we decided to do a little nursery exchange - I designed this for her, and she did a little painting for us. We share a modern aesthetic, and she used a lot of gray in the nursery (which looks fabulous!). Since she's keeping the gender a surprise, these initials are placeholders - I sent her the piece so she could find a spot for it in the room, and I'm sending her the real deal once baby arrives. This one also has a Beatles lyric in it - one of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...