Friday, May 6, 2011

A few of my favorite things

Happy Friday friends! Aside from Fridays, royal weddings, and of course, concluding 10-year manhunts for terrorist masterminds, here are a few of my favorite things this week.

Amy Butler's home tour:
One of my favorite textile designers, Amy Butler, gave us a tour of her mid-century home on Apartment Therapy this week.


I dig her colorful style - edited, modern, eclectic and fun. I have lots of her fabrics in my stash, but around my house they are most prominently seen on the outdoor patio pillows I made a few years back, and on the pretty quilt my stepmother sewed for the baby (well aware of my love for fabrics, she had me pick them out).

Love her happy use of color mixed in with all that white, and wood, all that light coming in the house. And that open floorplan and that fab stone fireplace...yes please. We'd probably have to tone down the girly textiles a bit for Mr. Miller, but what a happy space! Full tour found here.

POUFS:
I've had a bit of a thing for poufs for awhile now. We don't have an ottoman for the glider in the nursery and I have been coveting this pouf for ages, in white:

So, I'm fairly crazy, but not that crazy...I'm well aware that no nursery needs a $450 pouf, so I've had the idea to crochet one myself, like this pretty one, found on Etsy:



...but I doubt I'll ever get around to it. Sigh. The nursery is brimming with fun things, so maybe a pouf will have to wait.

Fabrics:
Talented illustrator & designer Julia Rothman just launched a new fabric collection for Cloud9 fabrics - a total range of graphic modern and throwback, Liberty-esque prints. All so interesting, different and fun.


Target:
Has anyone had a chance to check out the Calypso for Target line yet? I love love love Liberty and was a little disappointed in the quality of the women's clothes that came out for their Target line last year (the little girls' clothes on the other hand...precious and so soft). Liberty's hallmark is those beautiful quality tana lawn cottons and some of those pieces were...gulp...polyester. For summer! In Texas! No ma'am.

So, some of this Calypso looks airy and pretty, but I'm not sure I can get behind tie die maxi dresses. A mite too hippy dippy for my tastes. But I think I might have to have this:

Eep. $12.99! Come on, Miller. I think we can lift the baby clothes shopping ban for $12.99.

And don't even get me started on Missoni for Target...very excited to see what comes of that. My dream collaboration? Pucci. I know it's never going to happen, but I can't justify Pucci anything on my best days and oh do I love it so.

And speaking of Liberty...Assouline:
This post is a bit Liberty-happy; can you tell Liberty and I forged a healthy relationship while we were across the pond? Well, this department store, maybe my most favorite thing in London next to the V&A, just opened a Literary Lounge in partnership with the supercool literary boutique, Assouline. I love this idea and must go! I've come to realize lately that I am turning into my grandmother (who is in England with my grandfather as we speak), and thus will forever be planning our next trip to London. I'm so lucky I married a guy who feels the same way; we are cautiously optimistic we will make it over there a little before Christmastime this year. I've already decided to send the baby for a little Christmas lights tour of Carnaby and Regent Street with her father while I flip through pretty books and sip champagne in peace (Megha, are you in?). Sounds loverly.

White pants:
They're back! I decided the close to 100 degree temps we recently had, coinciding with Easter, meant it was white pants time. Here we are, at 34 weeks - still carrying SO high:

34weeksbump

34weeks2

Here's a least favorite thing: pregnancy hair. Did you know pregnancy makes your hair thicker? For a gal who already has too much hair, this is not a good thing and I'm losing the battle with the humidity thrown in the mix. Thus, I rock the frizzy untamed mane 24/7 these days. On the bright side: just about everything else about this pregnancy. Self + baby are healthy and feeling great. And bedrest really isn't so bad (1 more week to go!).

Weekends:

NCMandMad

These days, they're not much more than quality time spent at home with my favorite guy and two little monsters. But they are savored nonetheless as I know we will soon be confusing our nights and days, weekends and weekdays in one happy, exhausted blur.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day weekend with their mamas, or are showering them with love from afar. Our mamas are another one of my favorite things, but they deserve their own post. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...