Monday, October 31, 2011

Doll babies

DSC_1079.JPG

DSC_1063.JPG

DSC_1094.JPG

DSC_1041.JPG

Happy Halloween, from our little Raggedy Ann and all her friends! Eliza was very game for this Halloween shoot and also so excited to finally have some flowing red yarn locks upon her head. What a fun first Halloween this was. Lots of pumpkins, sugary birthday/Halloween treats (tiff's treats, cupcakes, and candy of course - all delicious diet sabotagers), and playing with blue-eyed doll babies. We had a little low-key birthday gathering of friends Saturday, where people stopped by our house throughout the afternoon, with babies in tow where applicable. I only got pictures of the underage attendees, sadly, but it was wonderful to see everyone! Thanks sweet husband and Braden for doing everything, and to my stepsister Maggie for staying with the bambino while we went to a nice birthday supper later that evening. And now I present, babies: halloween edition!

DSC_0958.JPG
Doll baby #1: Darling Elyse (7 months). Such a sweet little mover and shaker! Those eyes, my goodness!

DSC_0953.JPG

DSC_0889.JPG
Doll baby #2: Sweet Avery (19 mos.), in her gingham pumpkin dress. She was quite pleased to find there were cookies at this shindig. She also got right to work bartending, helpfully adding ice from the coolers to Miller's margarita.

DSC_0964.JPG
Doll baby #3: Eliza's first friend Blake, as Dorothy - one week shy of 7 months. She rocked it (and as such I couldn't resist doing a little pre-Oz sepia treatment). Her grandmother had crocheted her some little ruby slippers and I'm kicking myself as I did not get a good shot of those. I've loved watching their play evolve - they interact so much now.

DSC_0967.JPG
Hi, B! You are one cute little munchkin.

DSC_0938.JPG
This wouldn't be that great of a shot…except please check out that drool bomb on my daughter. This costume was a goner by the end of Halloween.

DSC_0931.JPG

DSC_0936.JPG

DSC_0928.JPG

Eliza's first Halloween was a fun little evening. We trick or treated at my parents' houses, (brought Eliza by in her costume during trick or treat hours) - and then stopped by our friends The Brownes' house for a beer and a little pre-bedtime playtime with E's friend Piercy, yet another blue-eyed, 7 month-old beauty. She was dressed as a cute little bunny, complete with cottontail bum, and they were too precious playing together. I have to say my lifelong baby obsession has not cooled much since having one of my own; I am pretty much in heaven getting to hang with all these sweet babes on a regular basis. Of course I didn't have my act completely together as I got hardly any pictures on Halloween night.

DSC_0007.JPG
(Here's one of Raggedy Ann and her Annie)

DSC_0021.JPG
(one with Johnny)

...one of these days I'll have the baby costumed, self coiffed and primped, diaper bag fully loaded, camera going all night long. Maybe some heels on even. Ha. No.

And so begins my favorite time of year. We pulled out the sweater box tonight in anticipation of some colder days ahead. So looking forward to snuggling in these next few months and celebrating the holidays. Happy Halloween from the Millers!
DSC_0914.JPG

Camera Roll-559

2 comments:

  1. She really does look like a baby doll! And I'm VERY impressed with your pumpkin carving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Caroline! I did it with a drill - freehanded it even, and not as hard as I thought it would be. Miller's idea - all the stores were sold out of pumpkin carving kits so we had to take matters into our own hands.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...