Thursday, February 16, 2012

Our funny Valentine

DSC_0069.JPG

So I realize this post is a bit late, as apparently Valentine's Day was already 2 days ago. In related news, my dining room table has been sitting on the side porch, in DIY limbo, for a month as I waffle (this is very like me). I still (embarrassingly) have thank you's from Christmas half-done - this is very unlike me, though due to the wrist issue my signature is an illegible, pained scrawl, so I am going with that as my excuse. I'm pretty sure that's only half of it though. And - agggh - my baby is almost nine months old. Time is passing fast and I'm not keeping up on all fronts.

DSC_0056.JPG

DSC_0060.JPG
I realized at 9:30 on Feb. 13 that it was Valentine's Day the next day and hastily threw an outfit together for my baby's big first over-commercialized holiday. I thought briefly of finding a pattern and crocheting a heart to applique to her onesie. And then I was like, hey self, it's 9:30. I like sleep. So I stitched two pieces of felt together (15 minute project), slapped it on this handmedown onesie (thanks Avery!) and called it a night. The tutu ribbon skirt was a very sweet gift from the Rochester Millers.

She only wore this outfit for half the day due to her current belly-shimmying, drooling on everything stage.
DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG
Her "crawl" is this hilarious worm, which she is now very adept at and involves a lot of belly dragging. It looks kind of hard (compared to crawling, a more fluid motion), but she gets around great now, so more power to her I suppose. Like her mother, it appears she prefers to make things a lot harder than they really need to be.

DSC_0089.JPG
Here's E. and her Valentine. I'm sad to report it's a little one-sided these days. With our little lady in a climb up everything, hair pulling stage, it seems the bloom has fallen off the rose somewhat for our resident ginger. Cue the Adele.

DSC_0103.JPG
Georgia apparently only has eyes for Gigi. See my expert applique work above? You can tell I invested a lot of time in baby's first Valentine's day.

We had a park playdate later, and I was a little sad, since she had already ruined this outfit I'd so lovingly hand-sewn for her. But then I remembered that her parents went to Vegas and all they brought her was this awesome Beatles LOVE onesie.

DSC_0165.JPG

I stuck the heart on her butt because I was so pleased with my handiwork.

We met a few of E's crew there, Avery and Blake.

DSC_0175.JPG

DSC_0177.JPG
"Mommmeeeeee!!!" Avery was picking weeds flowers and then bringing them over to show us. Her big brother Harrison was running a gravel car wash over on the other side of the park.

Eliza and Blake immediately got down to their favorite pastimes:

DSC_0146.JPG
Synchronized chewing

DSC_0168.JPG
Mama snuggling

DSC_0137.JPG
Secret telling (these two are very chatty together)

DSC_0136.JPG
And of course, mama sassing: a time-honored tradition of 9- and 10-month olds the world over. (Note Blake's crocheted heart onesie and cardi - both gifts from her grandma. Damn. Maybe someday E's daughter will reap the benefits of my hobbyholicism too).

I had a pretty great Valentine's myself - was surprised that morning with coffee, a pot of hydrangeas and yet another very big and unexpected gift from my dear husband - my Wacom tablet! I'd been wanting it forever but couldn't bear to buy it for myself. Love that man. Now I just have to figure out how to use it...

Lots of love to you, my loves!! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...