Monday, January 30, 2012

This and that

Hmm, seems my superfast/lazy means of uploading pictures (aka my eye-fi card, which shoots the pictures right to my computer) is failing me at the moment. Thus the lull. Rather than resort to conventional means - as really I'm stubborn about such things - thought I'd do an iPhone dump instead.


Sass. Straight up from E-town.



Busted wrist. This went from being a mild, ignorable nuisance to a "hmm, apparently have no use of my right hand" kind of issue over the weekend. A little tippity tap into my trusty google bar revealed that this was not, in fact an unfortunate side effect from my spray paint-happy DIY weekend a few weeks ago, but actually this weird condition called De Quervain's tendonitis that moms get from picking up their babies. Usually around 8 months, usually if they are still nursing, usually after dropping the crib. Check, check, check. So that's special. Mama is on the mend now, thanks to this super sexy "thumb stabilizer" Miller bought me.


Top teeth. Any day now...(please)?



Busted muffins. Made these for my grandparents Friday. They are my super secret recipe and I have made them probably a hundred times, which obviously warrants an overconfident "I'm quite sure that is plenty of PAM" moment as I slid them in the oven and proceeded on with the glamorous morning. Diaper, story, naptime, dishes, laundry, coffee, pinterest, oh yes the muffins. Every single one of them broke upon exiting the muffin pan, causing me to reconsider my future as a world-famous muffiness. So then I did what any sane woman would do: I ate them all weekend long. Yikes, that's a lot of muffins. Pretty sure they aren't on the new year's resolution diet. But that's OK. I forgive me.


I took this after she fell asleep on me one rainy afternoon last week. I let her sleep on me a bit before laying her down in her crib, as it was one of those ordinary, every day little moments you just drink in. Lawd have mercy, she is a love.


Our precious little fishies at their "swim class." This little lady is all about the pool, my friends. This week, she had her first solo "dive" into the water from this little ledge you see here and is already kicking her legs behind her. It seriously does not get much cuter than these kids in the water. It is hands-down, my favorite thing we do together.


We do everything together. I'm a little attached you see, and having a hard time with how much I am going to miss our little miss in a few days. The Millers are taking us to Vegas on a big family trip, and well, who am I to turn them down? Plus, if you can believe it, I've never been to Vegas before. Unfortunately I'm told it isn't the most baby-friendly of places (exhibit a: "the Hangover") but fortunately E's Gigi and John are very excited to have her for two whole nights! I'm not one bit concerned for her, as my mom is wonderful with her and she probably won't even know we're gone. But...this mama will be sad. They say you have to leave them at some point, or else you just never will. I have to admit, the idea of not being a slave to the nap schedule, consequence-free hangovers that can be given the attention they deserve, long bubble baths, champagne, spa-ing, delicious food...sounds pretty perfect to me.

Night night dearests, hope you had a lovely weekend!


- Posted from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about your wrist! I'd never heard of that. I had to google it. Also known as "mommy's wrist" or "washer woman's wrist"...don't you love the fact that those terms are used synonymously:) And yes, I had to look up how to spell "synonymously", because my brain doesn't work anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...