Sunday, December 11, 2011

Babies! Christmas!

Eliza is still recovering from what I'm quite sure she would tell you was the most fun party ever. Of course she loved her sip and sees (what baby doesn't love those), but you see, all her friends were at this party and she and her pint-sized amigos were surrounded by like, one bazillion new toys. None of which they had ever even slobbered on before. Eeee! Best party ever!

While it goes without saying that motherhood changes your heart in so many wonderful ways, being a first-time mama can also sometimes be a lonely, confusing, isolating time. It really makes a world of difference having other friends who are down in the trenches alongside you, fretting about milestones and nap schedules and babyproofing, whether to switch diaper brands, what solid food combinations prevent constipation, and all the RIDICULOUS stuff I swore up and down I'd never spend my time talking about.

These people are the only ones you can share your innermost crazy mama thoughts with, because one thing is for sure: no one else cares that your baby is doing this weird thing with her arm or hasn't pooped in 72 hours. But this little network of friends does, and is ready with suggestions and texts and whathaveyou about what they did that one time that happened to them. Essentially, these women are now my coworkers. I used to ping my coworkers about an ad layout or a website idea. Now I ping them about poop.

So, my friends Katy, Sara and I decided to host a little ornament exchange party to bring all our groups of mama friends together for one big Christmas super-playgroup. Sara hosted it at her beautiful and festive home, Katy organized everything. I was without a doubt the slacker hostess who handed over a few email addresses, brought a cheese board, some brownies, an ornament and a festively dressed baby as my contribution. So, thanks Katy and Sara for including me in hosting this lovely party! We had an awesome turnout - 20+ kiddos in all, and their mamas. As usual, I didn't get quite as many pictures as I'd hoped of the whole thing...I spent most of the party on the floor surrounded by unsteady sitters and toddlers!

Sweet Blake is Eliza's very first playmate and has made an appearance a time or two before. Blake is 6 weeks older and came over when E. was just 4 screamy weeks old, and it has been so special to watch them grow up together into little friends. We were absolutely beside ourselves the first time they looked at each other and really seemed to connect. Now they talk to each other, paw each other, play together. Chew on toys in unison.
DSC_0335.JPG

DSC_0323.JPG
DSC_0329.JPG

DSC_0341.JPG

DSC_0223.JPG
DSC_0284.JPG

Elyse, Sara's precious daughter, is our little mover (she was also at our house for Halloween). She is 8 months and already close to walking!

DSC_0330.JPG
DSC_0258.JPG

DSC_0265.JPG

DSC_0268.JPG

DSC_0287.JPG

DSC_0306.JPG
Smocked baby parade!

DSC_0271.JPG
Eliza's lovebug of a boyfriend from the pumpkin patch, Hunter, with his festive rosy cheeks and Santa longall, may have been my favorite outfit of the night.

DSC_0279.JPG
My friend Whitney and handsome Luke (her other son, Logan, is Eliza's age). I've loved watching Luke grow into his own little person and it has been so sweet to watch him dote on his baby brother.

DSC_0282.JPG
Kelly, a friend from way back to my St. Andrew's days, and her chill little man Bryker, another "first friend" of Eliza's. This kid has oozed happy since the day I met him.

DSC_0261.JPG
Meghan and precious sweetcheeks Piercy. She is another little mover and is also such a talker!

Elyse, Blake, Hunter, Piercy, and Bryker are all around 6-8 weeks older than Eliza, which means I always get to see what new phase is coming up right around the corner. All the babies hung in there beautifully. Eliza sat and played for something like 3 straight hours. Here the girls are at the end, looking a little tuckered out as we helped Sara get cleaned up:
DSC_0297.JPG

DSC_0298.JPG

This was such a fun night! We may have to do it again for Easter. Pretty sure Eliza wakes up from every nap wondering when we get to go back to that magical land called Elyse's house. It's sooo much cooler than our house. Don't worry, Lizzy Lou, Santa told me he was taking notes, so maybe a few of these toys will find their way under the tree Christmas morning. Merry first Christmas to our precious babies and their lovely mamas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...