Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Two and a half weeks

My mom had this familiar poem hanging up in our laundry room growing up; it's one that is on my mind all day long with quickly growing little ones. I admit I have probably embraced too wholeheartedly:

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow

DSC_0058.JPG

For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow

DSC_0111.JPG

So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep

DSC_0099.JPG

I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

DSC_0103.JPG
 DSC_0096.JPG

DSC_0109.JPG

Newborn portraits. Phew. I'll admit I was worried these would be a "poor second baby" thing - I just wasn't finding the right time to do them and was growing very anxious about it. But I found some peaceful, perfectly lit moments yesterday while Eliza was at school. This is precisely why Eliza has school two mornings a week, so that sweet Genevieve can have some undivided attention in a quiet house, just like her sister did. I'm so glad I caught these. I want to remember every inch of her tiny, precious self, and these days are blowing by fast. Babies don't keep, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...