Monday, August 29, 2011

Playdates, parties. Dolly Parton.

This weekend was one of those where we look back at ourselves in London and go...HA. Well. Here we are. We knew we'd find ourselves here someday: old marrieds who do old married things. Not that we mind, mind you - it's about all the three of us can muster. I had a playdate, the three of us went to Eliza's first birthday party and grabbed Mexican with our amigos Katy, Gabe, and their baby girl Blake, and my taller half had to work the rest of the weekend - which means suddenly my weekend becomes just like any other weekday too. Nap, eat, play, repeat. But hey, I'd much rather be here playing with Sweetcheeks than reading legal briefs, and I know he would be too. I'm well aware of who got the losing end of that deal.

DSC_0427.JPG

DSC_0411.JPG

DSC_0401.JPG

Friday's highlight was a nice morning walk and playdate with my friend Lisa and Eliza's friend Madeline (4 weeks younger than E.). Because we're their moms, we find everything they do together adorable, when really they pretty much just lay there and chatter to the animals overhead, only occasionally aware (when they catch a flailing arm to the face, for example) that there is another baby beside them. Eliza is putting everything in sight into her mouth lately, which at one point included Madeline's arm.

Saturday morning: once spent sleeping off one drink too many, instead we wake up bright and early, put our daughter in her party dress

DSC_0548.JPG

DSC_0559.JPG

...and attend children's birthday parties after a wild night of envelope addressing and a pizza. Little Ellie turned one and a charming one is she. I didn't get many pictures due to my primary duty - holding Eliza while she soaked it all in, inevitably followed by a colossal sack-out mid-party. But when Ellie dove into her cake it was too much. Perhaps I haven't disclosed my debilitating weakness for babies eating (I'm sure this blog will see a healthy dose of it shortly...I'll spare you until then). But it's true. I love a good cakeface. I hastily rolled my sticky, limp sack of sugar into my husband's arms and squeezed my way through the similarly cakeface-minded onlookers for a couple of shots. We also learned that Ellie is going to be a big sister in March! Nothing like pulling together a party for 2 dozen of your favorite babies and their parents in your first trimester! Darby pulled it off effortlessly (or so it seemed...). Congratulations Berra family and happy birthday precious Ellie!

DSC_0523.JPG

DSC_0531.JPG

DSC_0526.JPG

DSC_0528.JPG

Yesterday was so uneventful I won't bore you with the details. But I did break out this little gem of a onesie, a gift from Miss Mackenzie a few weeks back:

DSC_0591.JPG
What can I say, she loves her some Dolly. Or at least, she will if I have anything to say about it.

We're heading on an 8(+???) hour car trip tomorrow with two dogs, one baby, and a whole lot of baby stuff for a relaxing week out at the Kritser Ranch. It's somebody's 30th birthday (hint: not mine) and also our 4th anniversary! We're pretty excited about getting up there and soaking in some slightly cooler than 112 degree weather, as long as we arrive with our sanity in one piece. If you're the praying kind, throw one out for us!

1 comment:

  1. I never put it together that the Ellie you photographed months ago was Darby's Ellie. What fun that yall get to hang out! Tell her hello for me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...