Thursday, July 5, 2012

Our little firecracker

557730_610784486021_482530424_n

I'm a little embarrassed to say that this is the first time I have looked at the blog on my computer since Father's Day. I thought I had posted one from our trip to Colorado but it appears my app on my phone is not quite as reliable as I thought. It was a very hectic trip - short and plagued with pretty horrific travel woes - and took a little recuperating on mama's part upon our return. Pardon my absence (again).
DSC_0692.JPG

We had a lovely fourth. Did you? I decorated a chariot for our little firecracker to ride in the neighborhood parade. Here's where I add the disclaimer that I refused to search high and low for 4th of July decorations, and Target was my only stop. Despite advertising summer all over the store, 4th of July was not happening at our Target. So I was stuck with baby blue and white crepe paper from the party aisle, a few balloons and some flags (thanks Browne family!).

DSC_0698.JPG

It seems this is one of the bigger neighborhood parades going down in Austin; I used to ride my bike in it when I was little. They had a high school marching band, an army of kids on decked out bikes and wagons and strollers, a vintage car parade following behind, and thick crowds of people lining the streets. Eliza was a little wide-eyed by the crowds, but perked up now and then to wave at dogs and strangers on our route. It was a fun morning.

When I first took my camera out, it was so muggy that my camera fogged up. I think the effect was kind of cool though:

DSC_0685.JPG
DSC_0686.JPG


Obviously, we had to bring along a half-dressed Baby Doll for the ride. Girlfriend is obsessed with BD. Addicted more like. Poor BD gets dragged around airports, scraped along floors, tucked into grocery carts. As long as Baby Doll is there, she is a happy girl. It's very precious (though I am washing her clothes on an almost daily basis). Thank you, Martha and Roy, you for sure win the favorite present prize!

DSC_0689.JPG

Oh, and necklaces. We wear necklaces everywhere we go. This started with the glamorous play beads at the Malatestas but she quickly moved onto my collection of old necklaces, pointing at different ones for me to let her wear. On this day she got to wear a particularly heavy pair in the parade. They did, after all, match her outfit. Then of course, as soon as we got there she wanted me to wear them for the rest of the time.

DSC_0703.JPG

DSC_0713.JPG

Here's where she really perked up: we ran into little man Bryker toward the end of our route. Commence flowery 80s love montage music.

DSC_0720.JPG

DSC_0727.JPG

For the record, Bryker wants nothing to do with Baby Doll. Don't even think about it, E. He made it pretty clear he ain't gonna be playing house with no girls.

DSC_0733.JPG

Cuties. His mama Kelly is convinced he is has a massive, soul-altering crush on little E.
DSC_0738.JPG

I'm fairly certain the feeling is mutual.
DSC_0736.JPG

We ended the day poolside at my mom's, chowing down on some absolutely delicious grilled fajitas. In Texas, fajitas are very American. Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July!

XO
lmm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...