Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Stop #6: Coleman, TX






Well, we discovered a new brand of diaper today. One that uses Spanish as its primary language and was purchased for a bargain price of $3.45 at an All-sups in Coleman. Bebens: the diaper of champions. Similar to my husband's claim that the all-terrain tires on his Dad's truck were "impenetrable" on a ranch ride a few days ago, I was proven wrong in claiming that a) my baby only makes a stinky diaper weekly (we've had 3 today) and b) that the five I brought for the trip were "plenty." As with any trip we have ever taken, when things inevitably don't go as you expect them to, you just gotta roll with it and make do. This trip once took us 8 hours flat, with two stops max, and we did pretty well leaving at night for the Panhandle as the two foot boss slept the whole way. But now? Well, now we are on stop 6, hour 8, with 3 diaper blowouts and 3ish hours to go. But we'll get home eventually! So, to recap, what we've learned this week is:
-you can never have enough diapers
-everything takes longer with a baby (and they will always make a liar out of you)
-tires are indeed penetrable
-and, happily, babies love ranches:







More to come from the ranch; we had a great time. Heading into what we understand is a pretty sad, smoky scene down in Austin. Thinking about all those affected and praying we get some rain soon.

- Posted from my iPhone somewhere around Coleman, TX


1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about yall! I just saw a pic of Austin a couple of days ago....I had no clue how bad it was! I wish I could send some of our crazy torrential rain your way. Glad you had fun at the ranch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...