Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Catching up: First 4th


lilfirecracker

Got my computer back - it was just the battery, hurrah!

Eliza got a very special treat for her six week birthday and first 4th of July. Her grandparents, Daddy Jack and Cristy came to visit us and loved on her all weekend. It was quite (quite) hot, and due to the drought it was a fireworks-free weekend, but we had a great time nonetheless. We also had our first date night in quite some time, while the Millers very generously babysat little E (though I think it was their pleasure...). Here's the weekend, in pictures:

TheMillers1

BottlefromDaddyJack

CristyandE

DaddyJack

CristyandEb&w

My grandparents had a really lovely little 4th of July party at their house that night for our families. I drank wine while everyone fought over who got to hold miss Lizzy Lou next. It was a very nice evening!

Slim1
Slim, who helps out at their gatherings from time to time: "Aw, you let me hold her awhile. I ain't seen anything that sweet in a month of Sundays."

Slim4

JohnnieandEliza

annieandjohn
(This picture sums them up nicely)

first4th2
This one sums her up nicely.

BigSteveandEliza
My papa

millers
Her papa

annieandcarolyn
Annie and my stepmom, Carolyn

Visiting
My mom, dad, husband, father-in-law; I am so lucky to have one of those rare families where all the inlaws and remarried people and formerly married people get along. We spend our holidays together. Isn't that nice and civilized? I think so. The Millers fit right on in. Lucky, lucky us!

4thofJulyfamily
Fourth of July picnic at Reed Park (HOT. Really hot. The kind of hot where your sweat is sweating). We didn't last long. This remains one of the only family photos we have together - isn't that sad?

Firstsmiles2B&W

Firstsmiles6weeks
We started getting some pretty big smiles around this time. They still crush me.

It was so nice having the Millers here; aside from it being a nice visit, they gave us a bit of a baby break all weekend, and we gave them some long overdue quality time with our girl. She had quite the fun time at her first major holiday and it is very safe to say that there is no shortage of love for this little Yankee Doodle Dandy.
yankeedoodle

2 comments:

  1. So happy your up and running again with your computer and that I get to see more pics of that precious baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant you're, not your....my W&L education at least was worth something!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...